Design principles meet technology.
This week on the pod, we manage to get both practical and technical in a forward-looking conversation with a passionate advocate of the metaverse, wearables, and more – who also happens to be a licensed senior designer at a major firm. Lisbeth Jimenez joins the gang to talk about the potential for inclusivity in digital spaces, why designers should be the ones designing the metaverse, wearables, and even what constitutes a ‘friend of the podcast’. Spoiler alert – we’re still apparently friend-less… but not for long.
- Connect with Lisbeth Jimenez on LinkedIn!
Moments to check out:
~5:10: How principles of the built environment translate to the digital
~14:55: Technology, design and the future of the trade show
~21:25: The role of ‘3D internet’ and weareables in design
Connect with the BTE hosts on LinkedIn:
References and resources:
- Don’t forget to DM Lisbeth for her ‘3 easy steps’
- A few notes on understanding the metaverse and why we should care to cater to the people investing on them
- Lisbeth’s personal digital art collection (NFT) which was created to express her concerns with social issues concerning the A&D community.
- Lisbeth’s private gallery through Spatial for someone curious to visit a metaverse environment
Related and referred BTE Episodes:
Discover more shows from SURROUND at surroundpodcasts.com.
This episode of Barriers to Entry was produced by Rob Schulte.