Explore the intricacies of material recycling, as Avi Rajagopal and Samantha Sager pick up where they left off last week, focusing on the second principle of a circular economy: circulating products and materials at their highest value. Are all materials suitable for recycling? How can we make sure that recycled or reused materials perform to the standards of commercial settings? How can we better design products and buildings for their end of life? Hear from Rajagopal on some innovative ways our industry is circulating products and materials, recycling more responsibly — and giving nature a much-needed break.
- Circulating products and materials at their highest value
- Recycling obstacles (incentive, policy, and more)
- Success story: Nylon
- The hierarchy of recycling strategies
- Designing for disassembly
- METROPOLIS Climate Toolkit
- The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- METROPOLIS July/August 2023: This New Upholstery Line Features Yarn Made From Marine Plastic
Deep Green is produced by Samantha Sager, Wize Grazette, Lauren Volker, Rachel Senatore, and Hannah Viti, and is part of the SURROUND podcast network. Special thanks to Avi Rajagopal, Editor in Chief of METROPOLIS, for his insights. Recorded at the podcast studio by Vornado in the Penn 1 building in Manhattan.